SPOILER ALERT!

Beautiful Oblivion

Beautiful Oblivion  - Jamie McGuire

I have to admit up front, I love JM... I truly enjoyed reading Travis and Abby's book. They were a quick and easy read with lots of juicy drama.

I was really excited to read Beautiful Oblivion and I tried really hard to get into the story. I just couldn't this go around and not because it was badly written, it had everything to do with I knew what was going to happen and I didn't want to know. I wanted to be shocked and flabbergasted and well surprised.

Because I knew who/what was going to happen it took a lot away from the story to me. Was Trenton awesome, totally! I liked getting to know him as a person. I was on his side the entire time.

I will say that I wish the conflict was more of conflict instead of just something the heroine felt awkward about. Its a sticky situation indeed, I don't know really, I guess I wanted a little more drama, maybe even some fighting. In a way I can understand why the "other guy" doesn't put up too much of a fight, the little things he did here and there gave him a douche like quality at times when he really wasn't. Over all I liked the book, I guess I was just expecting more... Lots more!